[aprssig] APRS beginner info

Pentti Gronlund pentti.gronlund at tut.fi
Fri Feb 4 09:16:56 EST 2011

Steve Noskowicz writes:

>  But to be nice, here's the direct link that downloads the PDF to your computer:
>  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/APRS%20Beginner%20Guide%20-%20K9DCI%20Ver%205-1.pdf

Steve,

Would it ber possible to add a footnote in the chapter describing the
paths?

In many countries, especially in Europe, we use just WIDE2-2 (or even
just WIDE1-1 if you always stay within a good network). WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1
is plain useless as there are very few stupid digis around here, almost
none at all.

So it would be good to give some advice about using the path that is
recommended locally, if you are operating outside U.S.

73 de Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!