[aprssig] Old radio - on HF APRS

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:02:57 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
>> The 430 has a nice quiet receiver, too. I'd say have it repaired.
>
> It was the first HF rig I used for 10.151 LSB APRS and is what I used to
> establish that frequency back in 1985.
>
> Based on the good feedback about this radio, I have decided that repair is a
> good idea. (to get back on APRS HF packet).

It'll be good to good to look for your packets...

Note that you can now use the same radio on the same frequency to also
run the far more HF efficient modes with APRS-Messenger.

  http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm

Now if only we could get started on 40 meters at night when 30 meters
is dead.   I'm suggesting the same 7.1051 band edge - any takers?

73
Bill - WA7NWP