[aprssig] Gawd This APRS Path May Reach Mars!

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 17:20:18 EST 2011

--- On Wed, 2/2/11, Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:

>   A more general solution would be to implement a
> geographical filter in the digi software.  Simply drop
> on the floor any packet which originated outside the
> intended service area of that digi.
>  -- Rick Green, N8BJX

  I thought DIgis could/should truncate any path over the regional Path length (WIDE2-2 or WIDE3-3 -> WIDE2-1)
 Except he's been sitting at home for the last 4-1/2 hours (17:32 to 22:11)beaconing every 30 seconds.  Too often even when *driving* in an urban area.

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)