[aprssig] Gawd This APRS Path May Reach Mars!

Javier Henderson javier at kjsl.org
Wed Feb 2 07:19:55 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Stephen H. Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:

>  On 2/1/2011 7:19 PM, Eric Hansen wrote:
>
> Can someone give me a run-down on the n-N pathing? wide1-1,wide2-1 means
> hop from a fill in repeater, two from a mountain top? What does that guy's
> path mean?
>

> It's an insane path ...

Is there a best practices document one can forward to operators that one
notices are causing unnecessary congestion?

For example, there is a base station about 80 miles north from me which is
beaconing every 20 seconds or so on each of two SSIDs, I've been thinking
about dropping him a polite note explaining the consequences of that...

73,
-jav w6vms