[aprssig] Gawd This APRS Path May Reach Mars!

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 17:00:33 EST 2011

>  Is there a best practices document one can forward to operators that...congestion?
     also...
> Eric Hansen wrote: Can someone give me a run-down on the n-N pathing?

  By all means you may forward my APRS Beginner Guide (below) to any *user-in-need".   That's what it's for.  However, L.A. is one of those special areas that needs local mentoring.

  There's WAY to much old info on the web that people won't update or remove - even if you ask them to - I've tried sending something the author could simply paste into a web page (not APRS) and was explicitly refused   (As in... Thanks, but I'll leave it like it is) .!  go figure.
  It would be nice to have a similar Digi Operator Guide.  I am ignorant on DIgi operation.

>   What does that guy's path mean?

   (I think I can hear him without a radio) It means he reads really high on the ignorance meter.  If you send him a friendly note and he doesn't fix it, then he reads really high on the stupidity meter.

Perhaps *MANY* such friendly notes will sink-in...?

Looks like he still needs coaching.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)