[aprssig] IS-to-RF packet Weighting

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Wed Dec 28 17:29:12 EST 2011

 >As far as Andre's UDP "non-APRS-IS network", that is great as long as
those packets on RF don't make it back to APRS-IS.
 >If they do, then you have loops like we had 10 years ago. There is a
reason for the third-party packet format requirements as well as the
intra-APRS-IS path requirements.
 >Even if you set your "isolated" network, if there is a path back to
APRS-IS, you risk significant loops if you don't follow the specifications.
 >73, Pete Loveall AE5PL pete at ae5pl >dot net

Don't excisting igates already block loops between eachother?
In my proposal because it is digipeater based, loops are already
filtered out by dupechecking, digined does not process any packet it has
in it's dupe buffer, has the digicall in the path as been digied or has
the digicall as sender.
excisting specs already work for paralel vhf and uhf networks.

73 Andre PE1RDW