[aprssig] IS-to-RF packet Weighting

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Wed Dec 28 17:05:27 EST 2011

Apparently not understood.  The ONLY path allowed by Internet-connected clients is TCPIP*.  Period.  End of story.  You may not like it; you may think it should be different; that doesn't matter.  It is what it is.  Anything else is assumed invalid and may not be passed as-is or, worse, misinterpreted.

As far as Andre's UDP "non-APRS-IS network", that is great as long as those packets on RF don't make it back to APRS-IS.  If they do, then you have loops like we had 10 years ago.  There is a reason for the third-party packet format requirements as well as the intra-APRS-IS path requirements.  Even if you set your "isolated" network, if there is a path back to APRS-IS, you risk significant loops if you don't follow the specifications.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net