[aprssig] Why Not "Gate in Vicinity" (phones)

Eric Lorenz K9LGE k9lge at emlorenz.com
Tue Dec 27 23:16:04 EST 2011

I think I am done with this discussion for awhile, as apparently I am
totally misinformed on the purpose of Amateur Radio. Since Mr. Loveall
has established himself as the supreme authority of what is and is not
Ham Radio, and has taken it upon himself to question the license or
mental understanding of anyone who disagrees with him, there is no
further point in...well, trying to make a point. Though I would
recommend that you then stop playing with that D-Star stuff...isn't that
getting too close to Ham Radio minus RF?

For the record, I would love to get more involved in area of Ham Radio
like this...but it is those with attitudes like AE5PL that make me just
say 'this is so not worth it'. This is supposed to be a fun hobby to
explore and extend what we've learned in the past with what the future
holds. Not be a wet blanket over anything that doesn't meet one's
criteria for what is and isn't allowed by the hobby.

Eric K9LGE
(a licensed Amateur Radio operator since 2004)

--
Eric Lorenz K9LGE
Communications Trailer Coordinator

Co-Lead, Routes/Communications/Safety