[aprssig] debugging RF 'spam'

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 27 13:08:57 EST 2011

The fact that you had no stations on day 1, and then lots on day 2, suggests
to me an anomaly in propogation.  Sometimes this happens and packets comein
from hundreds of miles away (near water like you are on LI).

But your complaint is valid if you routinely receive a FREQ OBJECT for
something that is too far away to work.

The thing to check is the distance of the object form the W1OEM injecting
station.  That should be local to it.
Once it left W1OEM, then that was either a fluke of proppogation or W1OEM is
using too long of a path.

Bob, Wb4APR