[aprssig] APRS on Bernuda and Atlantic

Frank or Barbara Rossi N3FLR at verizon.net
Sun Dec 18 12:58:25 EST 2011

Ship use to all have HF. I presume all trans-Atlantic ships would.
I know all trans-Atlantic Air Flights have HF.
VHF APRS in Europe are on their own frequency compared to the USA.
Perhaps the Long Duration Balloons should use the space down link frequency,
then set up ships to go VHF to HF listening to 144.800 and 144.39 ?
Normally that would be a NO NO.
That would be ok if not in a USA Port.
The HF part would be better with the narrow APRS Messenger Modes PSK or
GMSK.
Just need more people trying out the APRS Messenger HF Modes.
There are lots of Europeans using it.
APRS Messenger is the greatest thing for HF APRS since sliced bread.
Just thinking out loud.
N3FLR - Frank