[aprssig] APRS on Bernuda and Atlantic

Erik Finskas lakki at iki.fi
Sun Dec 18 05:34:31 EST 2011

You all focus on the consumer side of the satellite internet service, the shipping company uses the same service for their business needs (with traffic priorized over the dollar per email consumer service). Such an iGate would not generate a lot of traffic so having such on in the shipping company network is not networkwise a very heavy service.

Another thing is that it should be able to do both 144.800 and 144.39, but thats not rocket science.

There are cruiseships which cross the atlantic now and then, quite many built and designed in Finland. I personally know people who design the navigation and communications systems, I need to ask from them a contact from the shipping companies.

..
Erik OH2LAK