[aprssig] APRS on Bernuda and Atlantic

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 08:26:30 EST 2011

The Rescue Coordination Center (RCC) above St Georges, Bermuda might
be willing. They are on the highest point of land around and already
have one heck of an antenna farm. Any APRS system would have to accept
potential front-end overload from time-to-time by the marine VHF
radios there.

I have a minor relationship with the RCC (I visit each time I make it
to Bermuda and have been known to haul cookies up the hill). I'd be
happy to present a proposal to them. I should think that a couple of
VHF receivers and TNCs (for 144.39 and 144.80), a splitter and
antenna, a small switch, and an RJ-45 interface to their Internet
might be acceptable.

Someone else would have to describe the installation footprint,
including power, and help with the verbiage. I can take it from there
and report back.

73 es sail fast, dave KO4MI
S/V Auspicious