[aprssig] Combined APRS 1.1 document legalities

Ian Wade G3NRW g3nrw-radio at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 9 09:08:01 EST 2011

From: Rick Widmer <yahoo at rickwidmer.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011   Time: 23:38:32

>Unfortunately after getting it all put together, and nicely formatted
>in Microsoft Word I tried to generate a .PDF file.  After about 6 hours
>of thrashing on my hard drive Word failed.  Reboot and try again with
>the same results.

Rick

I too have experienced the same problem. The workaround for me was
CutePDF. It handles large documents without seizing up and I have only
found one very minor bug in it [1]. And it's free.

[1] If the Word document contains an email address, it converts that to
a mailto link (for example: "mailto: yahoo at rickwidmer.com") without
problem, unless the email address contains a hyphen, in which case it
ignores everything up to and including the hyphen. For example, my email
address is g3nrw-radio at ntlworld.com -- CutePDF converts this to "mailto:
radio at ntlworld.com". A very minor niggle.

--
73