[aprssig] Android Tablets

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Tue Aug 23 13:12:36 EDT 2011

Kevin,

I have a Huawei S7 Android tablet.  I rooted it and loaded a 2.2 ROM, so I have some more Bluetooth function.  Just last night I discovered that APRSDroid had a new version that included Bluetooth TNC serial link capability and tried it out.  I have a Roving networks BT serial adapter plugged onto the back of a spare TNC-X.  Worked great on my HTC Incredible phone, but had a serious crash everytime I tried to stop tracking and get out of the app.  I actually had to pull my battery to get it going again.  Happened over and over.

Tonight I want to try the tablet.  I forgot it at work or else I would have loaded it up last night.  Hoping that the crash is centralized to my phone and not the tablet as well.

Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com