[aprssig] Android Tablets

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Tue Aug 23 15:43:30 EDT 2011

Hello Jason, list,

* Jason Rausch <jason at ke4nyv.com> [2011-08-23 19:14]:
> I have a Roving networks BT serial adapter plugged onto the back of a
> spare TNC-X.  Worked great on my HTC Incredible phone, but had a
> serious crash everytime I tried to stop tracking and get out of the
> app.

Its great to know that APRSdroid Bluetooth code actually works.
Regarding the crash, can you send me a logcat from the device off-list?
(https://github.com/ge0rg/aprsdroid/wiki/Reporting-Bugs)
If the device crashes, it is typically a bug in the firmware, however
I'm very interested in finding a viable workaround.

There are still some minor issues which prevent me from releasing 1.1 to
the Market, but I hope to have the version ready in the next weeks.

I'm glad about any feedback regarding the messaging and the bluetooth
TNC code, as both is currently experimental.  If other list participants
want to test it, the beta version can be downloaded from
http://aprsdroid.org/b1

73 from Germany,

Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Position reporting and Mapping on Android
http://aprsdroid.org/m ++ https://market.android.com/details?id=org.aprsdroid.app