[aprssig] New APRS Device, The YagTracker!

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Wed Aug 17 15:17:48 EDT 2011

Quoting "Stephen H. Smith" <wa8lmf2 at aol.com>:

> Since the YagTracker would probably be used on top of the dash as a
> sort of "heads-up" display with a clear view of the sky (but does
> NOT include an internal GPS receiver), it would be a natural for the
> Green Light Labs compact GPS add-on for the D710 head.

The case appears to be plastic. If there's enough room inside the
case, you could probably mount a stamp-sized GPS receiver inside the
case and permanently wire it to the GPS inputs. The APRS trackers I
built using the Argent Data T2-301 use one of these GPS receivers and
I hot-glued it to the inside of a Pelican case. Works fine.

Bob...