[aprssig] New APRS Device, The YagTracker!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Aug 17 15:57:09 EDT 2011

On 8/17/2011 3:17 PM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
> ...hot-glued it to the inside of a Pelican case. Works fine.

I learned the hard way that hot-glue inside boxes that sit on the dash
of my car in Florida is not a good idea.  The glue ends up in a puddle
on the bottom (or outside) of the box and whatever it was supposed to be
holding on the inside falls down.  In my case, it shorted a + to - lead
on the 12v supply, melted the wires, and left a nice little smoke stain
on the windshield before the fuse blew thankfully preventing further
damage (like the car bursting into flames).

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ