[aprssig] Mac Lion APRS iGate software?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 13:40:19 EDT 2011

> From: "Stephen H. Smith"
> On 8/11/2011 11:27 PM, Larry LaBranche wrote:
> > Is there a good, easy to install and use Mac APRS
> igate/digi software for Lion. I find myself getting tired of
> playing with computers anymore. There is a good Mac client
> that can be installed easily from the app store called
> PocketPacket. I've tried Xastir but the maps seem to just
> crawl and don't see iGating.
>
> Xastir maps leave a lot to be desired, but it DOES
> igate/digi decently.

You obviously haven't seen Xastir lately now that it can use Open Street Maps.

The Xastir developers have done a ton of work and gotten some very nice mapping working in there now.  TI/GER maps are still able to be used but the Open Street Maps provide full color, detailed maps at many different scales.