[aprssig] Mac Lion APRS iGate software?

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Mon Aug 15 08:05:17 EDT 2011

I downloaded and set-up PocketPacket on the Mac the other day. For $4.99
it was reasonable enough to give it a try.

Ran the application for a less than a day and it locked up and failed to
respond. Also, it cannot connect to AGW Packet Engine. Cannot seem to
put labels in the icons shown on the map unless you click on the icon,
then a pop-up box shows up to identify the station. On messaging, it
does not indicate if message received by the other station.

In summary, really basic and needs a lot of work to be a serious APRS
program for the Mac and the Mac needs a really good native APRS
application - including digipeating and igate.

JMHO

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com