[aprssig] Mac Lion APRS iGate software?

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Fri Aug 12 14:23:26 EDT 2011

I found xastir to be WAY too thick for a simple igate/repeater.  I
didn't want to run a head on my unix machine, nor did I want the
overhead of vnc or some other remote control softare.  After looking I
found a nice little program called aprx.  It's small and lightweight and
does the job very well.  It's pretty simple and should compile on any
posix system, but I don't see any binaries for mac os.

I figured I would be able to help you out and go ahead and compile it on
my macbook, but quickly ran into apple red tape to get my hands on a
compiler.  I'll look into it later when I have time, but I do feel that
this would be the best solution for you.  Here is aprx running on one of
my linux machines:

USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
root      9547  0.0  0.0  20136   836 ?        Ss   Jul21   0:37 aprx
root      9548  0.0  0.0  24356   336 ?        S    Jul21   0:07 aprx

The documentation and config file is pretty easy to understand:

http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprx.en

schu