[aprssig] APRS Messages and Operating Codes (Q & Z)

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Wed Apr 27 16:18:48 EDT 2011

On 4/27/2011 Al Wolfe wrote:

>     Hate to rain on anyone's parade but all the ARES training today says to
> eliminate the use of codes and jargon in the interest of inter-agency
> operability. Only plain text is encouraged.

Fore ARES it's 'encouraged', as we don't get federal funding - for folks like police departments and the like, it's actually LAW

Take your FEMA online courses if you are in ARES - particularly NIMS and ICS classes - start with the online ICS-100

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)