[aprssig] APRS Messages and Operating Codes (Q & Z)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Apr 26 10:52:45 EDT 2011

> Even if the interface was as good as my smartphone,
> it wouldn't be safe to operate messaging mobile.

It is not "safe" even getting into a car.  IN fact, it is not "safe" to even
get out of bed in the morning.

Safety is a relative issue.  Using a D700 with head's up display right under
the driver's slight line is far safer to send a text than any cell phone.
On the cell, you have to look down, away from the highway and re-focus your
eyes to a tiny screen for each key press.  For the D700 with a properly
mounted heads up display, you only need a slight glance occasionally to
confirm accuracy.

Again, this only applies to properly mounted head's up units.

Bob, Wb4APR