[aprssig] APRS Messages and Operating Codes (Q & Z)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Apr 26 11:09:13 EDT 2011

I either hand the phone to a passenger and dictate responses or simply
pull off into the nearest parking lot to deal with messaging and/or
phone calls.  Full attention through the windscreen is, IMHO, even
better than clicking keypad buttons with one hand and glancing at a
heads-up display.  Scanning guages and/or speedometer is much faster and
far less distracting than parsing a textual display no matter how large
or in-line that display is.

No matter what the installation, I don't condone anything more extensive
than talking into a microphone while behind the wheel.  I'll do radio,
but not cell phone while driving.  The difference is the duplex.  Radio
is half duplex which isn't nearly as concentration inhibiting as a full
duplex phone call, again IMHO.