[aprssig] noam.aprs2.net

Phil - AD6NH ham_lists at aprsca.net
Fri Apr 8 16:10:13 EDT 2011

I will double check all of the IP entries in the rotate.aprs2.net and
the noam.aprs2.net addresses to make sure there are no stale records.  I
keep a pretty close watch on them, but sometimes one slips by.  I have
also decided to reduce the number of entries for each of our round-robin
domains to a maximum of 8 addresses, to prevent any potential problems.
  It was discovered recently that we had hit a UDP byte limit on the
answer, which caused an auto-retry using TCP.  Well, that's fine, but
not all of the world's DNS servers allow TCP port 53.  At any rate, that
should all be fixed, but I will double check.

73 de Phil Pacier - AD6NH
APRS Tier2 Network Coordinator