[aprssig] noam.aprs2.net

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:35:11 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:49, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh at rac.ca> wrote:
> Ummm... did you mean port 14501?

Yep.

>> If you find a Tier2 server with a problem, I can make some noise on
>> the sysop list.
>
> What - I've got to do all of the work myself? hi! I worked my way down the
> list - just of the ones in North America! I could ping all except these
> three...

I tried from here and didn't see any problems. If I can't replicate
the problem, I don't have any information to give the sysops.

It's common practice to block ICMP (ping) packets at the firewall, so
using ping is not a foolproof test. If you can get to the status page
and receive packets from the filter port, they're working. Find a
server that's not relaying any packets and we can dig deeper to find
the cause.

Tom KD7LXL