[aprssig] noam.aprs2.net

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Apr 8 15:11:20 EDT 2011

George DO1GL wrote...

> both noam and rotate are round-robin entries reporting back a bunch of
> IP addresses. To further debug the problem you have to figure out which
> exact server you contacted. If you have access to the connection log,
> watch out for a line starting with #, i.e.:
>
> # javAPRSSrvr 3.15b08 8 Apr 2011 16:37:57 GMT T2SOLO 193.16.217.17:14580
>
> It contains the server name after the datetime, in my example T2SOLO.

George - your message showed up here looking at am "empty" message with
no text, but looking at the properties, I could see what you typed.

I just finished running down the list for noam.aprs2.net seeing which ones
I could ping. I found three that I couldn't. I didn't ping the whole list which
would have iincluded the ones for rotate.aprs2.net.

> I had a report from an APRSdroid user who connected to dl.aprs2.net
> and did not get his position reports relayed to aprs.fi. Maybe there is
> some issue with the servers' interconnection?

On the IRLP node, it was an easy (jusst tedious) task to run down
the list pinging the North American servers. I don't have an Android
phone, but perhaps there is the equivalent of a terminal program
that could be used to check it out from there.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH