[aprssig] noam.aprs2.net

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Fri Apr 8 12:47:38 EDT 2011

Hi Keith,

* Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh at rac.ca> [2011-04-08 18:40]:
[missing reports via noam.aprs2.net]
> I tried changing the server from noam.aprs2.net to rotate.aprs2.net
> and forced a beacon and it still didn't show up. I then changed it to
> vancouver.aprs2.net and it showed up right away. The two other
> nodes that I look after are set to use noam.aprs.net and connecting OK.

both noam and rotate are round-robin entries reporting back a bunch of
IP addresses. To further debug the problem you have to figure out which
exact server you contacted. If you have access to the connection log,
watch out for a line starting with #, i.e.:

# javAPRSSrvr 3.15b08 8 Apr 2011 16:37:57 GMT T2SOLO 193.16.217.17:14580

It contains the server name after the datetime, in my example T2SOLO.

[..]
> I'm up and running with vancouver.aprs2.net, but I was curious
> why the object wasn't working (didn't make it to the APRS-IS) with
> noam.aprs2.net and the "rotate" one that I tried temporarily. Most
> of this was typed much earlier today. I tried "noam" again and it
> still didn't work from node 2010.

I had a report from an APRSdroid user who connected to dl.aprs2.net and
did not get his position reports relayed to aprs.fi. Maybe there is some
issue with the servers' interconnection?

73 de Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Position reporting and Mapping on Android
home page: http://aprsdroid.org ++ release candidate: http://aprsdroid.org/b1