[aprssig] Impending HF APRS Mobile Experiments On 30 Meters 12 & 13 Sept

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 20:16:40 EDT 2010

Steve,

I'd feally appreciate it if you would make an additional request of your Redding ARES contact.  I'll also Google Redding ARES...but,

I just returned from a road trip to, among other places, Lassen Volcanic Nat Park near Redding.  (first active volcano in the US; blew in 1915).

I had a short conversatons with two male park employees about ham radio, in each of the visitors centers; one at the north (Jeffery) and another (who knew Jeff) at the south (don't remember a name).  I have a well rehearsed short-form Ham-blurb.  I don't know if they were oficially Rangers or just visitor center employees.  Each appeared to have some genuine interest in getting a license; or at least knowing more.  I gave them some URLs and advised them to email me with any questions.

It would be really swell if you could ask someone in the Redding ARES group to get a message to the park visitors center(s) about the meeting;  especially since the APRS I run and described clicked with both of them.

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)