[aprssig] Digital repeater Objects

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 15:37:09 EDT 2010

I saw a local DMR repeater without the frequency as a name.  SCH-TRBO

I contacted the sysop and he is aware of the Local Info, but is in a quandry how to set up the name and comment field given the linited mini-web page.  I can think of some options, but wonder if this has been discussed and I ignored it.

Have there been discussions/suggestions on how to "Object" (note the verbization) the different digital systems?  DMR, P25 D-Star, possibly others.

I speculated as follows
444.025+P = P25
444.025+? = ?
444.025+D = D-Star or DMR  Or perhaps 444.025+M = dMr
Then the DMR color code in the next line indicates it is a DMR system as well as the color code - similar to T107 indicating both CTCSS and freq....

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Apr-2010
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 |         TH-F6A      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
NOT D710

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

--
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turns out to be stupidity.  S. Noskowicz 1987