[aprssig] Addendum: Proposal: Name Change Was: Whack-Alert

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 20:19:00 EDT 2010

To help aleviate the Voice Alert problem  and Knowing how it works/can work/should work/could work;  and that it's sorta' like a CQ  ...  and that some folks don't get it...
(no one has ever called or answered me either)

I PROPOSE changing the name to something that ;

A - Not only better suggests it's purpose/use/potential, but also

B - Helps punctuate the fact that if you're not going to listen, or  don't want to listen, or  can't listen, don't send bleepin' Tone!

such as:::

5 - APRS CQ
4 - APCQ  [Automatic Packet CQ]
3 - A-CQ  [APRS-CQ]
2 - Automatic CQ

Or my #1 choice of a name that does a good job of fully capturing it's full purpose/intent/use/implication...

1 - Automatic Traveler CQ   or   Traveler CQ  for short  [TCQ] for us.

ADDENDUM:

  For display (10 chars):
| Travel  CQ |

It's up the flag pole...