[aprssig] Beta-quality APRS device statistics (ALTnets?)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 20 10:38:53 EDT 2010

>> The unknown destination call in your list
>> "PSKAPR" is generated by  PSKmail.

> Bob, could you add it to http://aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt

Good question.  It does not begin with "AP" so it is not an APRS
format, and so it will be ignored by all APRS software that
honors the ALT-NET concept.  Som APRS clients do not honor the
alt-net concept and so this adds a big degree of confusion.

I may be wrong, but I think that Uiview does not honor ALTNET,
and so just because someething can be seen on Uiview does not
mean it is a valid APRS packet and will be seen or even saved by
other APRS clients.

Should I begin listing ALTENTS too?
Even though no one should see them?

Bob, WB4APR