[aprssig] AVMAP gps

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Thu May 20 08:57:06 EDT 2010

I spoke with w6gps (I think that was his call) at Dayton.  One of the neat
features I didn't know about the AVMAP that I wish the nuvi's did was
automatic recalculation when the target moves.  I'll give you an example....
I tell the GPS to take me to kc4pl-9, but he's moving.  1/2 way thru my trip
he moves 2 miles away.  The nuvi will take me to the old spot and plot his
new location with a 1 appended to his callsign.  The avmap will plot him
where he moved to, AND autorecalc the route.  The trigger as I understand it
is that the station moves more than 100meters.

It will also allow you to toggle between two screens - your location and a
selected waypoint's location.  They seem to really be listening to their
customers.

--
Wes
---