[aprssig] D710 Whack-A-Mole! (Future)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon May 17 18:10:10 EDT 2010

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Yes, the auto-tune to nearest recommended frequency is all part
> of the big plan since 2001.

As far as I know, the FTM-350R from Yaesu doesn't have the
"tune" feature that the D710 has. Was Yaesu told of this
proposition, or was it not announced until the D710 was released?

> But we have got to get the digi's transmitting this frequency info
> before I can convince the MFRS that it is worth the trouble to
> add the feature!

Are you talking about APRS users beaconing their voice frequency,
or about digis transmitting repeater objects?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH