[aprssig] D710 Whack-A-Mole! (Future)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 17 17:38:35 EDT 2010

Yes, the auto-tune to nearest recomended frequency is all part
of the big plan since 2001.  But we have got to get the digi's
transmitting this frequency info before I can convince the MFRS
that it is worth the trouble to add the feature!

> Now what should be made is a system where the request to talk
> would come with an option press 1 to talk and then
> frequency/offset/pl would be automatically set on the VFO or
> press 2 to ignore... And yes, it would need to know how to
> juggle several brands/models of radios etc...

And the further part of the big picture for the last decade is
to then have APRS and Echolink fully integrated, so that you can
TALK callsign-to-callsign anywhere in the world, simply by
sending an APRS "request-to-QSO" message!  The system reacts,
QST's the radios and its like a ham radio cell-phone system all
over the world.  THAT IS WHERE WE ARE HEADED, but it is taking
forever just to get the concept of FREQUENCY into the minds of
the APRS mobiles...

It is just taking so long!... Argh...

But at least getting people to RECEIVE and DISPLAY APRS is a
step (instead of blindly transmitting everwyehere to no one in
particular)... <grin>

Bob, Wb4APR