[aprssig] D710 Whack-A-Mole! (Future)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 17 18:41:09 EDT 2010

> Are you talking about APRS users beaconing their voice
frequency,
> or about digis transmitting repeater objects?

Both.  There are 3 parameters that are absolutely critical to
ham radio communications that should be included in every ham
radio APRS position report to facilitate communications:

 Position (and CSE/SPD (if moving))
 Antenna HAAT if not moving(PHG)
 Operating Frequency.

The problem was, that I left FREQUENCY out of the original APRS
specification back in 1992 and have been trying every since
about 2001 to get it permanently added.  This includes every
digi, user, client, and web page. It is now nearly a decade, and
it is still an uphill battle...   Bob, WB4APR

released?

> > But we have got to get the digi's transmitting this
frequency info