[aprssig] D710 Whack-A-Mole!

Amir Findling K9CHP sarlabs at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:24:14 EDT 2010

Mea culpa! But not at the Hamvention which I could not attend.
While I don't mind having APRS on, I find that in most cases, I better
concentrate on my driving, especially when driving the RV, but even my
truck...  I had a nice IRLP  or Echolink QSO with a ham in Nova Scotia.
He sent me an APRS message which I read while stopped. I then replied,
by APRS messaging and we then had a nice chat via a local repeater. It
would have never happened while driving though.

Now what should be made is a system where the request to talk would come
with an option press 1 to talk and then frequency/offset/pl would be
automatically set on the VFO or press 2 to ignore... And yes, it would
need to know how to juggle several brands/models of radios etc...

I generally set my other frequency on 52, unless I programmed the
repeaters on the route I'm taking and then maybe I remember to switch
frequency. Here again, I'd like to see the radio receiving the location
from the GPS and switching to the nearest repeater automatically... Yes,
I know the location would have to be entered in the radio programming etc...

But mainly, I try to keep my eyes on the road.

73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, ARRL/ W5YI VE, WAC, WAS, DXCC

www.K9CHP.net <http://www.k9chp.net> Blog: http://k9chp.blogspot.com
<http://k9chp.blogspot.com/>

Eagle Valley Search Dogs <http://evdogs.org/>, Senior K9 Handler

K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of Search Teams
<http://www.nysfedsar.org/>

1st Special Response Group <http://www.1srg.org/> (1SRG)