[aprssig] usb - serial

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 20:05:54 EDT 2010

Yikes!  I'm ready to finally get some USB<>RS232's

A local just told me that in his experience, the Prolific chips were trouble free.

As I read your post, some Prolifics only send their serial data upon receipt of a CR (in the data buffer).  This sounds contrary to reason since it should send any byte it is presented with.  It may only send CR/LF delimited strings of bytes...?

So if I don't use CR (like for Icom radios or other binary data streams) it won't send until a $0D happens to appear in the binary data stream.

Something wrong with this picture
--
Steve

http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/