[aprssig] APRN status?

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Fri Mar 26 19:15:29 EDT 2010

Hi Bob
           Many years ago when you first came out with the APRN idea
I made the software.
You can down load the APRN software from
http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs

The software is old. It could use some updating.
Maybe if I find there is interest in it I will update it to make it
more up to date.

This is the software that Stephen wa8lmf uses.

On 26 Mar 2010 at 15:52, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> APRN?
>
> I don't know if  anyone ever built and shared an APRN site.  I
> still think the concept is dynomyte.  http://aprs.org/aprn.html
>
> Idea was to TAG  SSTV images (could be JPEG or anything that can
> be easily transmitted over ham radio to an APRN web site).  The
> whole idea is to have an RF and electronic means to TAG where
> the photo was tken, by whom, and some text.  A perfect packet
> application.
>
> Then anyone anywhere at any time could go to the APRN web page
> and see the picture within seconds of it having been taken.
>
> The original concept was for the Kenwood handheld SSTV camera
> that could transmit images over ANY FM radio to the APRN site.
>
> Again, don't think anyone did it. (We did it manually during
> football runs, but after a few years it was a lot of work)...
>
> Bob, WB4APR

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John KB2SCS
                    Packet:      KB2SCS at WA2PNU.#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
                    E-Mail:       kb2scs at arrl.net
                   Web-Page: http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs