[aprssig] delayed packets

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:01:07 EST 2010

Wes,

Not saying that UI-View is the cause ( I have had 2 different
AGWDigi's that were delaying posits up to 2 minutes due to the TNC not
having proper PPERSIST, SLOTTIME and DWAIT params), but I recommend to
anyone running UI-View 24/7 that they set the scheduler to restart it
every day between 3 and 4 AM. Just to make sure the operation doesn't
slow down due to increases in memory used to cache data internally to
the program. I especially recommend them doing this if they intend to
run an IGate or Digi. I'd also verify that their digi TNC has PERSIST
255, SLOTTIME 0, and DWAIT 0.

So, there is a fix for what could be perceived as a UI-View bug --
better user application by implementing an automatic daily restart of
the program during slow times. Maybe the reason the issue is traced to
UI-View is because a large majority of the stations out there are
using it. Gotta like those odds in a lottery!

Just my 2 cents.
Randy
WF5X