[aprssig] delayed packets

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Mar 10 10:19:50 EST 2010

Wes AI4PX wrote...

> Two delayed packets delivered to aprs IS out of sequence. Each of them hit
> different digipeaters but ended up entering aprs IS at the same point n2zz-5
> in Aiken. They are running UI-View over there. Here is (what seems to be )
> another case of UI-View delaying packets. And yes, I know everyone will
> rush in offering alternatives like the DSL modem might have issues or a
> digipeater could have delayed the packets due to a stuck squelch etc etc....
> but in the end, in each case I've seen delayed packets it has
> *always*involved UI-View.

You might want to check and see if N2ZZ-5 is using a newer KPC3+ in KISS
mode. It seems that in KISS mode, the TNC delays packets sent to the client
after a few weeks of operation. That is a TNC issue and not a UI-View issue.
The operator could set UI-View to restart every day (schedule editor) which
would in effect restart the TNC in KISS mode each time it is restarted. It's
a work-around for a TNC issue.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH