[aprssig] APRS Messenger on 30 Meters

John McHugh johnk.mchugh at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 5 09:11:11 EST 2010

I was just looking at this program. It looks great and is a good idea to
allow existing TNCs to be used for regular APRS functions.

My setup is a FT-840 into a KAM and using UI-View for APRS.
The audio from the 840 comes from the backpanel into the KAM and tx
audio and PTT from the KAM goes into the mike connector on the front.
Now to use APRS Messenger it looks like I need rx audio into my sound
card (I guess a Y connector) but how do I get tx audio and ptt back to
the 840?
The way I see it APRS Messenger and the KAM-UIview are not related
except that you use 2100Hz as the PSK tone
Is it possible to run APRS and Messenger at the same time? What am I
missing?

Thanks,

John

--