[aprssig] ts-2000

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:21:06 EST 2010

> Any complaints about using the internal modem in a ts-2000 for aprs?  I
> expect not, but thought I'd ask.
>
> Also, does this TNC have the same limited buffer as the d700's (thereby
> making it practically useless for long 9k6 packets)?

It should work fine for 9k6 APRS.  That's where there are packets one
at a time..   It fails when real data is pushed at it -- with real
data being multiple packets all together.    Folks have made it work
even for real data by carefully limiting operation to a window of 1
packet per time.

> Can the TNC be used on the 6m side of the rig?  What frequency can we find
> 6m aprs activity?

No dedicated "APRS" activity, but like Stephen said, the national
packet channel is 50.62 MHz and some are using that for APRS style
operation.

Bill - WA7NWP