[aprssig] APRS Messenger now has APRS over PSK-63

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Mon Mar 1 05:42:17 EST 2010

My plan is to use the standard APRS GPS position for APRS over PSK-63.
For example:

G4HYG-9>APSK63:=5332.76N/00225.91Wj

As well as being "human readable" on the APRS Messenger program it will
also be readable by the casual radio amateur tuning his digi mode
receiver to 10.1497 MHz. Even if someone has never heard about APRS they
should be able to figure out that that is a GPS position and may be
encouraged to investigate further.

I understand the advantages of the Mic-E format but it's a fairly short
packet as it is.

73,

Chris, G4HYG

Chris Moulding
Cross Country Wireless (2009) Ltd
7 Thirlmere Grove, Bolton, Lancs, BL4 0QB, UK
Tel/fax: +44(0)1204 410626
Mobile:  +44(0)7752 391908
Website: http://www.crosscountrywireless.net
Company number 6780346 registered in England and Wales