[aprssig] HF APRS new ideas

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 1 10:13:51 EDT 2010

I wonder if someone could mine the APRS-IS and see how many
packets that are transmitted with the path of GATE as the first
hop are actually picked up by the APRS-IS befor gating.

Actually, this might be useless, because once such a packet is
gated, I think it does callsign substitution and so the fact
that it started with GATE is lost?  I cant remember if the KAM
does that or not...

Anyway, if someone can think of a way to do statistics on HF
packets and see how many are heard direction by the IS and how
many are gated to VHF and then go one hop to the IS wouild be
useful info.

Bob, Wb4APR

VHF link
> to near possible Igate its still a good job.
>

> Bob, about "obsolete" HF path of GATE,WIDE2-1 - as I'm
understand its
> need to trigger HF-to-VHF gate facility of KAMplus and KAM-XL
TNC's.

> UI-VIEW based system can be set to pass all received data on
HF port