[aprssig] HF APRS new ideas

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jun 1 13:02:45 EDT 2010

John K4AG wrote...

> If I just want to see the 30m HF stations on my map how do I
> set my filters on the APRS-IS to do that and can I use dial-up?

If you knew the callsigns of the IGates...

     PORT OF ENTRY FILTER

     This filter will pass packets which match the CallSSID that follow
     immediately after the q-construct. This filter supports wildcards.

     Syntax:  e/call/call/call*...

I was going to send you to www.aprs.org and look for an "HF map"
but I get a 404 error when I try and follow the link tries to...
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/radiohf.html

If you knew the callsigns of the HF IGates, you could use the
"port of entry" filter.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH