[aprssig] An amusing aside (Text Pagers) APRStt

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 18:41:38 EST 2010

On 1/30/2010 1:20 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Similarly you can pre-save the 2 or 3 positions that describe
> 99% of your lifestyle and save them in a DTMF memory to recall
> anytime with 2 buttons.

You must live a spatially very limited life.   In the course of a month,
I go to four ham club meetings & a swapmeet, and work with my car parked
for the better part of a day at half a dozen different locations. These
are dispersed over an area over 75 miles across.    [In SoCal,  "local"
means anywhere in the 100-mile-across suburban sprawl of L.A, county and
the nearer parts of San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange and Ventura
counties. ]      I would need at least a dozen location memories, and
then a paper cheat sheet to recall which location is in which memory.
Far easier to use a GPS.....