[aprssig] Group Message Codes

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Jan 23 19:37:43 EST 2010

I don't think so.  That would be the SSn-N extension to the WIDEn-N
paradigm.  Pull up your favorite dog-eared copy of aprs101.pdf (or
google to get a new one) and read up on "Message Groups" on pages
72-73.  It is as Bob described, an APRS message receiving alias that
causes the APRS client to display the incoming message as if it were
directed to the receiving station.

The question, as I understood it, was getting a message group
"callsign"'s APRS messages to gate from -IS to RF when there isn't
really a "local" "recent" station using that "callsign".

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Now awaiting the clarification as well!