[aprssig] Group Message Codes

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jan 23 19:27:36 EST 2010

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but Digi's do not have anything
> to do with group message codes. APRS "Message groups" are just
> aliases that your own station will trap as if it was a message to you.
> Messages can only get to you from local RF since the IGate does
> not know what your groups are... Thought on the APRS-IS, I guess
> you can get them from anywhere...

Actually, the NS, NB and PE that Pete was referring to were digi paths...
NSn-N, NBn-N and PEn-N, or what you would call state flooding or
SSn-N... at least that's what I think he meant. Perhaps Pete could re-phrase
his question to clarify things a bit to make sure we aren't mixing up
apples and oranges.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH