[aprssig] UI-view add-on for RFID?

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Fri Feb 19 13:40:24 EST 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> OK, between you and Hessu (APRS.FI) lets see who has time to do
> it.

I don't have too much time to put into this, there are plenty of items
with higher priority on my rather long things-to-do list. So Lynn, feel
free to grab the task if you're interested.

>> http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=USNA-1
>
> I don't quite understand that APRS.FI is doing with the multiple
> repeats of this
> in the packet : <0x1b>[D<0x1b>[D<0x1b>[D<0x1b>[D+<0x1b>[+

Well, that's what is inside the packets you've sent. What you see is what
you transmit. It highlights the unprintable bytes, <0x1b> in red is hex
1b, decimal 27, the ESC character.

By the way, your spec says that you're trying to transmit ETX after CR/LF.
APRS-IS will cut the packet at the CR/LF, since on APRS-IS all packets are
exactly one line long, and CR/LF signifies the end of each packet. So, the
ETX will be discarded, or parsed as the first character of the next
packet. Bang! (Bug spotted by Tapio, OH2KKU)

>>> The RFID spec is on: www.aprs.org/aprs-rfid.html

   - Hessu