[aprssig] APRS RFID apps? (spec rev1)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 19:38:33 EST 2010

On 2/10/2010 12:23 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> I did that with my first APRStt application back in 2001 and quickly learned that it is confusing to viewers that do not know they are randomsized positions.  Therefore for APRStt and RFID' I think it best to clearly show up on the map as a distinct vertical table located in a logical place on the map.

So what APRS application can do this?

The closest to this is the stacked symbols in UIview.  All the posits
from the same location wind up stacked on top of each other,  with only
the latest one on top, hiding the ones below.    When you double-click
(to get full details on the symbol), a table of all the stacked posits
appears -- but you don't realize that multiple posits are stacked UNTIL
you click.     Screen shot of this menu here:

<http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview-Posit-Stack.gif>

[Warning   1440x900 pixel  W-XGA screen shot in GIF format - you may
need to scroll to see all of it.]

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
   http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: